Most people are usually more interested in getting gifts from God than in God himself. They love the gift-giving hand more than the gift giver! Are presents or the presence of loved ones the greatest need of individuals and families during Christmas?
In this fourth message of our study on the book of Job, we will look at the following 10 profound lessons that we ought to learn from the long-term suffering of Job:
- Beware of theological statements that are superficial and wrongly applied
- Beware of a man-centred God and man-centred formulas for living before God
- Free the false popular theology that always sees suffering as related to specific personal sins
- Suffering and prosperity are not distributed in this world in proportion to personal evil or good
- Remember that God is still absolutely sovereign over all suffering and overall prosperity
- Remember God's wisdom is behind all appearances of severity and our betrayal in this world
- Don't be surprised by the sense of distance from God in the midst of your suffering
- Be careful in your complaints to God, but pour out your heart before Him
- Hold fast to God no matter what!
- Hold fast to the gospel no matter what!
What are the three of the great areas of confusion in our world today? The first one is in regard to Worship, the second is land-grabbing and the third area of total confusion today is in regard to sex. In this message, Dr. O. Palmer Robertson would like to draw our attention to this third aspect of sex and marriage.